Thursday, May 26, 2011

We're Ready for the Beach!!!

We're heading to the beach this weekend with our Pirate family. I've been packing off and on all week and in the process I discovered that Lily's beach cover-up no longer fit her. I immediately went to Cassidy's closet to see if I could find a hand-me-down replacement and discovered that she had three cover-ups at her disposal (all hand-me-downs...I certainly would never outfit her with 3 cover-ups!)...one that was kind of see-through (so she can't wear that one with her undies at lunchtime), an Ariel one, and a plain white one.

Cassidy wanted to keep Ariel, so Lily inherited the white one. This, of course, made her cry because who wants a plain, boring, old white cover-up? Mommy to the rescue! She swooped in and added "embroider incredibly cute design on beach cover-up" to her unending pre-beach checklist. Fortunately, Mommy loves a good challenge so she was up to the task.

Lily's finished beach cover-up

I drove her crazy making her look at a million designs and then choose her favorite...and then I didn't like her choice so I talked her into a different one...and then dragged her back into the office to "just see if you like this one better" when I discovered the flip flop applique. Yes, I know...my Most Irritating Mother on the Planet award will be arriving next week.

SO glad "we" changed our minds and went with the flip flops. It's so stinkin' cute!

And it only gets cuter when it's being worn by this little lovie!

She was SO excited. She always says, "I NEVER get anything new! I always get Cassidy's old stuff!" Well, baby, enjoy because today it's your turn! :)

Happy Little Buggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...