Tuesday, March 1, 2011

School Spirit

My brother-in-law is coaching the men's tennis team at SBHS this year. Joey - my husband - is uber excited because he has been coaching our high school tennis team for the past 12 years AND the two teams have an annual weekend scrimmage that will be all the more fun since the competition is now twin against twin. (Yes, the brothers are identical twins.)

What does this have to do with embroidery? Well, my BIL wanted to order a team shirt for his 3-year-old son, but could not order a screen print in his size. So instead he asked if I could try to duplicate the shirts they were ordering. I jumped at the opportunity and below are the results. (Joey is now asking when the tennis shirts for OUR 3 children will be ready!)

 The team t-shirt design ended up being something I could not duplicate, so I came up with a couple of alternatives and this is the one my BIL chose.

 LOVE the cougar paw!!!

This was another one of my favorite designs. We didn't end up using this one for anything, but I am on a mission to find the perfect project for this funky font! :)

 The hoodie (pictured here) is a pretty close match to the team's hoodie. In addition to the team logo, John asked me to add Connor's name on the front...

...and "Assistant Coach" on the back. Too cute!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing artist....and an amazing Sister! We love it so much. I'm having a hard time writing this because of the tears in my eyes. Thank you so much for your love and willingness to make this coaching experience so special. Having my "Assistant Coach" at the home games will be really cool! Having my first official tennis match be against my twin brother will be special. You are so special, and I love you so much. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. John (Tracey's brother in law)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. So I was on your blog and decided to re-read this post. Guess what?! I'm still crying at the end. Thank you again for making that year so special. You are amazing. Give everyone hugs and kisses from us.
    PS: Connor is loving kindergarten! We will have to talk about everyone's school experience soon.

    John

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...